Your Child Needs a 6 Month Check up
The main objective of pediatric dentistry in IL 60139 is to offer comprehensive dental care to children. It believes in offering preventive dental care so that children can enjoy optimum oral health. They aim to help and educate kids for developing good oral habits so that they can maintain their dental health and understand the importance of good oral hygiene.
Here’s a Look at Why a Dental Appointment is Important for Your Child:
What to expect at a 6-month appointment
- The dentist near Glendale Heights, IL will discuss the symptoms, changes, and concerns about the child’s oral health.
- The child receives a thorough cleaning of the teeth and gum line for preventing bad breath, gum disease, and cavities.
- The pediatric team will examine the teeth, gums, and mouth to look for any signs of disease.
- Some appointment may also include X-rays as the X-rays are used for checking unnoticeable oral problems such as impacted teeth, jawbone damage, and decay between the teeth.
Why is it so important?
- The dentist discusses with parents about the current oral health of child, dental history, and the risk of cavities along with the need for dental sealants and other preventive care.
- Your child will receive new toothbrush, toothpaste, and dental floss.
- The dentist will also evaluate your child’s oral health for risk of dental disease such as gingivitis.
- They will also discuss about prevention of gum diseases.
What are the benefits of maintaining your child’s dental health?
- The dentists can help in detecting any signs of tooth decay as well as any bite issues. They will then offer orthodontic help for correcting the bite of your child.
- Your child’s teeth are precious and need to last for a lifetime. Regular dentist visit will prolong the life of your child’s teeth and avoid the need for invasive or extensive restorative dental procedures.
Thus, it’s important that you take your child for dental visit every six months so that the pediatric dentist can help in maintaining optimum oral health and treat any early signs of dental issues.